Re: [LUG] Email client.

Julian Hall wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anton Channing" <achanning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "DCLUG" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 5:22 PM
Subject: [LUG] Email client.

had any other suggestions?

My preference is for a client that can have html switched
off, or even better doesn't have html in messages.

Evolution, http://www.ximian.com

V1.4 is latest I think.  I moved from Evolution to Thunderbird, but if you
don't like Thunderbird then Evolution will do all you want.  It's similar in
style and functionality to Outlook (but don't hold that against it :)

Kind regards,

Julian

Evolution is one of the clients I've noticed that came with
Sarge.  Lots of choice!  Thunderbird in Windows is what
I've been using for the last 6 months, before that I was using
KMail.  I prefer KMail without hesitation.  I have lots of
annoyances with Thunderbird.

I suppose I could set up my different pop3 accounts on
different clients, for as long as it takes for me to test each
one, then move them all over to one client when I've worked
out which one suits my taste...

...actually, I might just do that.  Sounds like an interesting
experiment!

:D

Anton