Re: [LUG] Building a Debian Mirror?

Hi Grant,

There is information about mirroring Debian on http://www.debian.org/mirror/ including info on size.

Regards

Chris

Grant Sewell wrote:
Hi all.

There is a chance that I will be running a (series of) "hands on" Linux lab(s) for/with some degree students in the [nearish] future.  It is my intention to setup a local Debian mirror (and probably a RedHat one too, for comparison sake) to make the installation phase as quick and easy as possible and to place as little strain on the WAN connection should we choose to implement one.  I intend to only mirror x86 stable.

However, I am unsure of how large this will need to be.

Cheers all.

Grant.