[LUG] Editing the Wiki

Recent unwelcome activity on the old wiki has forced a change to only allow
editing of the wiki pages for DCGLUG members. The wiki is now only editable
once you have logged into the members area. By using the members area link,
you can edit pages that are viewable in the public wiki.

http://www.dclug.org.uk/members/wiki/

The version of the wiki in the members area also demonstrates a possible
re-formatting of the website as a whole with a new logo and the DCGLUG
designation.

The logo is temporary (unless it's unexpectedly popular) and others can be
submitted. My artwork capability is close to zero - this was created using
CSS of all things! I hacked a simple HTML page that laid out the images and
text and adjusted the margins, font sizes and image sizes until it looked
almost usable.
:-)

I've added a page that shows the other choices for logo.
http://www.dclug.org.uk/members/wiki/index.php?id=Choice+of+Logo

Just add your name or some comment below the image you like best.

To add your own images to this list, email them as an attachment to
neil@xxxxxxxxxxxx

My only stipulations are:
1. It must indicate something of GNU and something of Linux.
2. It should be no wider than 350 pixels and no higher than 100.
3. You can include the full group name or submit a smaller image and the
group name will be added alongside etc.
4. PNG or JPG only. No GIF.

The changes (so far) are slight - just a colour change really - but the wiki
we use has grown since it was implemented and useful features (like RSS) can
be added when it is updated.

I'd like to extend the wiki to cover the whole site - especially now that the
wiki is protected. This will solve a few other problems and make the whole
site easier to update.

The archive indices and GnuPG functionality can be preserved by building the
existing PHP scripts into the wiki. The archive itself will remain as static
HTML.

This follows on from extensive testing and discussion off list about possible
versions of a future DCGLUG website but none of the CMS candidates have
satisfied me that I

--

Neil Williams