Re: [LUG] Libranet Debian

On Sunday 09 January 2005 9:01 pm, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi

Bit of a further update! I changed the cable to test the new cable to
see whether that was the problem. Shut the box down changed the cable

Why? No need to shutdown to change a cable!

and nothing. No network connection.

Did you check to see which services were running?
Was the route still set?
Was the static IP set properly on reboot?

So I changed the cable back and
tried again. This time once again nothing.

You probably haven't configured the networking to be loaded at boot, that's
all.

So I am taking the computer back and getting them to put in a different
network card.

I'd say that was unnecessary.

(I am also having problems with the ram!)

I daren't even ask. RAM generally either works or it doesn't. Either you get a
message at boot time about bad checksums etc. or it just works.

The voyage
continues!

--

Neil Williams