Re: [LUG] Installing/Running Linux on an iMac?

Simon Waters wrote:

MJ Ray is one of the LUG people down in Norwich - I vaguely sort of know him - and I'm sure he would be happy to find someone to help liberate a Macos 9 user to Debian.

He shouldn't be hard to track down.

The whole point of this free software malarky was to build a
community after all, it was Linus who subverted it all for world
domination.

I didn't know what I'd let myself in for when I suggested installing Linux on her Mac. Just playing with PearPC at the moment, um... much more complicated than than Linux on PC, and even more complicated than when I installed RedHat 6.2 on an old Sun box. I might see if they'll swap their Mac for a PC around a similar spec for a bit, then I can work it out at my lesure. It also turns out they have 2 Macs, I swear they are breeding!

Rob

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.6.8 - Release Date: 03/01/2005