Re: [LUG] Samba XP vs 98

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 19:59, Paul Sutton wrote:
the router is conneted to the hub and both the 98 desktop and xp laptop
are connected to the hub, if both run 98 they can see each other fine,
if  I have a combo on 98/XP or linux I have real problems.  I can ping
but  need to share files, esp as XP seems to eat 4gb of a 10gb drive,
(don't ask how XP is so bloated)

I am just trying to get Xp to see 98 at the moment,

To answer the question what I mean, precisely that I told it how my
network was set up and XP complains,  None of the other wizard options
are correct for my network,

AVOID THE WIZARDS!

Do it manually and it is more likely to be as you want it, add in a network
connection and give it a ip address, dns and gateway your self and set the
network identification (NOT DOMAIN) to be OFFICE or what ever as I said
previously and it all should be OK.

If you have probelms on NT don't forget the BST net tools are in there
ipconfig,route,traceroute and ping are all there.

--

Robin Cornelius
robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx