Re: [LUG] Autoplay equivalent in linux?

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:48:41 +0000, Grant Sewell <dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was involved in a project a while ago (I wrote the initial man pages for it, no
coding involved on my part since I'm crap at it). It's called CDDE. Basically it's a
daemon that (I think) polls the drives periodically (user definable in the config file)
for what type of disc has been inserted. The config file also contains details of what
actions to perform depending on what type of disc is inserted, and you can have
different actions for different drives.
The site is at: http://ericlathrop.com/cdde/

Wicked, sounds like pretty much what I was after! :-)

Now it'll just need a bit of clever scripting to make it do what I want...

Cheers,

Jon