Re: [LUG] Download script

Rob Beard wrote:
Now I was wondering, is there any sort of script (PHP, Perl etc) that would allow me to connect to my home web server, enter a url in a page and have the server download it for me so it is all ready for me to burn to CD/DVD when I get home from work?

Possibly not exactly what you want, but works and you've probably got it running already:

ssh (using Putty if from a windows machine)

wget url

(Possibly use screen or force the task to background with "wget url &" so you can logout without staying connected while it DL's)

-- Simon Avery