From: "Adrian Midgley" <amidgley2@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "list@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Community and freedom : was Re: [LUG] Farseer enterprises
Date: 12-11-04 11:29

On Saturday 11 December 2004 00:59, Simon Waters wrote:

You can buy blank machines still, but generally not from the big
vendors. I bought a low end DELL server, which is slightly
overengineered as a desktop, but a pleasure to work with half decent
PC hardware, and ships without an OS.

This is what I did, not expensive, and reliable.
Pity nobody makes a server in laptop conformation. Maybe a new Thinkpad in a
year or so, with Red Flag or whatever on it. Or one of those Unix books from
Apple.

--
Dr Adrian Midgley GP Exeter www.defoam.net
Open Source is a necessary but not of itself sufficient condition.