Re: [LUG] Computer shop in Exeter city centre?

On 2004.12.01 11:09 Rob Beard wrote:
Okay, I know this isn't strictly Linux related but...

Can anyone recommend a cheap computer shop in Exeter city centre?

I'm after a CPU heatsink and fan for an Athlon 1.4GHz, only something
cheap.
Seems like all the places I used to go to have closed down.  I know I
could go
to Electrowise in Newton, but I need one pretty quickly.

(I guess it is slightly Linux related, once I get a fan, I'm going to
install
Linux on the old Athlon :-D)

Rob

Hi Rob,

There is "a" computer shop at the city centre end of belmont road (near the blackboy road/western way roundabout)
I'm not sure how cheap they are though.
If you go down Summerland past the bus station to the traffic lights, then turn left, then turn right just before the zebra crossing they are on your right (1st building)

Alternatively, I have an Akasa AK 821 heatsink and fan for Athlon XP which I got by mistake a little while ago.
Its unused, in its box. £4 to you.
Let me know where to meet you and I'll drop it off today (on holiday this week .. wo0hoo )

alan