Re: [LUG] Testing surround sound...?

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:12:53 +0000
Grant Sewell <dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all.

I've just relieved my local "recycling centre" of a set of Cambridge SoundWorks
4.1 speakers.  Plugged it all together, plugged into the green+black ports on my
SBLive (emu10k1) board.  Everything seems to be working fine, but I would ideally
like to be able to test each channel individually.

Anyone know of an programme (CLI or GUI - I'm not fussy) that allows you to send a
mono soundfile to an individual channel?

Cheers.

Grant.

Well, I think I've made a bit of a boo-boo!

I ran the alsaconfig util and it found + configured my emu10k1 fine.  Now, however,
the sound in KDE doesn't work.  I'm not too worried about the "minimise to panel"
sounds, but things like GAIM have also lost their sound!  I've changed the sound
source in KDE Control to ALSA but it still isn't doing anything.

XMMS works nicely in 4.1 now though :D

Grant.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.