Re: [LUG] Who's best for Broadband in Plymouth?

Whats the situation regarding the job losses at telewest broadband, plymouth, if they close the office (not sure if the are), then it can affect support etc,

Paul

Rob Beard wrote:

Kelly Jones wrote:

I have a customer with Telewest 2mb and it seems very good speed and stability wise but i haven't dealt with their support staff yet which is usually what i base my opinions on

I've just been speaking to a friend in Plymouth who has Telewest broadband. She's had a few problems with billing issues, but I don't think this was her broadband connection, rather her telephone connection.

I'm based in Newton Abbot. and have the choice of ADSL (probably would be 512k Ecliipse Flex Broadband) or Telewest (would like 3Mbit, but more realisticly I would go for the 1.5MBit connection).

I'd be happy with something that just works.

By the way, bit off topic, but does this LUG have any meetings near Newton Abbot, or round the Torbay area?

Rob

--

PAIGNTON RUGBY CLUB ARE LOOKING FOR SPONSORS.

Options include Ball, and match sponsorship, Team Sponsorship
and advertising banners which last the whole season (September - May 1st)

Please visit. www.paigntonrugby.co.uk - click sponsorship for details.

Linux -

Free your mind, save money, Use Linux and open source. Open source, don't get left in the dark ages, migrate now.
www.linux.org