Re: [LUG] external usb 2.0 3.5" hard disk enclosure

what kernel version are you using and any idea of the chipset the drive uses?

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 11:46 +0000, Trevor & Gillian Brownen wrote:
Hello Kelly, ref usb Hard drive, sorry to be so long, but I had to test my new one.
It is a Q-tec 750h usb2 hdd case, useing SuSe 9.1 it detected fine , obtained fron Electrowise, Newton Abbot. (they are on the net) price less than 30 quid.
Regards
Trevor

Kelly Jones wrote:

does anyone use an external usb 2.0 hard disk enclosue with Linux?
I have FC2 and my current usb 2.0 external hard disk locks up under Linux (works fine in windoze).

It seems this is due to a bug in the chipset which the Windoze driver has been coded to work around. I am looking to replace it soon and want to make sure that what i purchase will support my Linux kernel.

Best Regards
Kelly Jones
Best Regards

Kelly Jones

Computer Consultant

Terrabyte Computing

www.terrabytecomputing.co.uk

support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

01363 772702

07714 408977

Federation of Small Businesses member
Legally privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee(s) legally indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet e-mail messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independent of this message. Please note that despite using the latest virus software, neither my employer nor I accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).