Re: [LUG] external usb 2.0 3.5" hard disk enclosure

Hello Kelly, ref usb Hard drive, sorry to be so long, but I had to test my new one.
It is a Q-tec 750h usb2 hdd case, useing SuSe 9.1 it detected fine , obtained fron Electrowise, Newton Abbot. (they are on the net) price less than 30 quid.
Regards
Trevor

Kelly Jones wrote:

does anyone use an external usb 2.0 hard disk enclosue with Linux?
I have FC2 and my current usb 2.0 external hard disk locks up under Linux (works fine in windoze).

It seems this is due to a bug in the chipset which the Windoze driver has been coded to work around. I am looking to replace it soon and want to make sure that what i purchase will support my Linux kernel.

Best Regards
Kelly Jones