Re: [LUG] A debian diary

I agree with this, however things have improved vastly over the past few years.  I
remember haivng to manually configure x using the xf86config set up tool.

I just got my nvidia card working, upgraded to 9.2 and seem to be back to having no
3d support, so i am working on that at the moment,  not that I really need 3d
support apart from playing tux racer.

Paul

Trewornan <trewornan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote :

--- Sadie Brinham &amp;lang=en">barmy_fungy_fips@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Right across the board,whichever distro you chose,X
servers are the one thing
that causes the most hassle during installation.

On my laptop the installation "issue" is always the
PCMCIA network cards. X is a breeze by comparison.

Mark