Re: [LUG] Problems VPNing with IPCop 1.3+patches?

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:40:13 +0000
Robin Cornelius <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Left is often though as local and right remote but they are switchable but it
is nice to use some system to remember.

Thanks.  Can I ask where you discovered this?  I read the VPN howto (the newer one)
but it seemed only concerned with a VPN through SSH... not exactly what I'm trying
to do :D

Eeek, two next hops? Loose the left next hop set the right parameter to
right=%any, and the right next hop to the ip address of the gateway.

Thank you.  Done that now.

Using PSK (pre share keys) or secrets is not the best way to do things,(but is
often good for inital testing) can you use x509 certs with both ends on your
setup?

Since we haven't got any sensitive data (that I'm aware of) on our network (it is,
afterall, a home network), is this really necessary?  The secret is 33 characters
long... I know there's no such thing as "secure", but do I actually need to
implement any sort of higher-security system?

I have done this with the "swans" before and all my setup is documented at
http://www.cornelius.demon.co.uk if that is any help?

Thanks... I'll have a look at those.  They look to be really quite thorough!  Nice
job.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.