[LUG] Problems VPNing with IPCop 1.3+patches?

I'm trying to setup a VPN so that I can access my LAN when I am at College (where I
work).  We have 2 routers at home - an IPCop box, on which I have enabled the VPN
with default settings, and the router/modem.  The router/modem has no firewall.

Now, if I try to use Window's "connect to vpn" wizard, I enter my WAN IP address but
nothing happens... the WAN IP address is that of the WAN interface on my
router/modem and not that of the red interface on my IPCop box.  Hence nothing
happens - the modem/router receives the "can I connect to your vpn" packets and says
"I haven't got a vpn.  Go away."  This I can cope with.  I am guessing that what I
need to do is either:

a) Put my router/modem into bridging mode so the RED interface on my IPCop box _is_
the WAN IP address.  I don't want to do this because then I lose the ability to
configure/poke around on my router/modem with the web interface - I'd have to use
the USB cable.  Not ideal.

b) Forward the port that is used for VPN connection/handshakeing/tunnelling to the
red interface on my IPCop box.  This is what I would like to do.

Anyone know what port number I should be forwarding?

Cheers all.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.