Re: [LUG] Problems VPNing with IPCop 1.3+patches?

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:33:18 +0000
Robin Cornelius <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you are using ipsec then UDP500 is only used for IKE negtations afterwards
the encrypted packets are ESP that is type 53 NOT UDP, NOT TCP but ESP. If
you have NAT-T patches at both ends then you don't see ESP but UDP4500 [changed].

Regards

Robin

Ok, so with my current setup (below), I will be able to establish a VPN (I'm
guessing it does use IPSec) but I won't be able to actually connect?  Or will my
modem/router simply forward any packets that aren't tcp/udp, do you thinnk?

---[Modem/Router]---[IPCop]---[Switch]===

Thanks.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.