Re: [LUG] Call for Debian help.

On Sunday 07 November 2004 9:35 pm, Simon Waters wrote:
Okay - I now have;

Lots of dependencies for Gnome development.

A stray symbolic link for slib in /usr/share/guile because it didn't
look where Debian put slib. Can you report this if it hasn't been Neil.

This is getting strange - I don't need that symlink.

-- I've never seen gcc statements bigger than one full screen of
text before -- the dependencies are getting scary.

:-) Welcome to my world.
(This is why I've just ordered 256MB of RAM to add).

Various autoconf/automake logs of what appears to be a successful
build under Debian testing.

OK.
$ ./autogen.sh
$ make
$ su -c make install
The gnucash will start as $ gnucash.

If you want to install in a userspace location, like /opt, use:
./autogen.sh --enable-opt-style-install --prefix=/opt/gnucash

To start this kind of install, go to /opt/gnucash/bin/ and start
using ./gnucash

export PATH=$PATH:/home/srw/test/gnucash/src/bin
gnucash
 Just eats CPU like it is going out of fashion.

You shouldn't need a path adjustment.

What version of autoheaders2.13 ?  Testing is Version: 2.13-43

It's 2.13 that I can't get to work on my system. I've tried removing and
re-installing autoconf2.13 but with no improvement.

| Anyone else get the same errors on Debian?

Not obviously - phone me for a shell account ;)

No, that's fine. Thank you, Simon. That's answered my query - looks like I've
got to solve this locally after all.
:-(

--

Neil Williams