Re: [LUG] Call for Debian help.

Neil Williams wrote:

| I need to know if this is a local issue or Debian specific.
|
| The errors I get are:
| Running autoheader...
| configure.in:69: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
| cross
| compiling
| configure.in:77: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
| cross
| compiling
| configure.in:213: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
| cross
| compiling
| configure.in:232: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
| cross
| compiling
| configure.in:1010: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
| cross
| compiling
| /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 243: _snprintf, and to 0 if you dont.:
| command
| not found
| /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 246:
| verbatim=: command not found
| /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 247: /bin: is a directory
| /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 251: feof_unlocked, and to 0 if you
dont.:
| command not found
| /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 254:
| verbatim=: command not found
| /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 255: /bin: is a directory
| /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: eval: line 253: unexpected EOF while looking
| for
| matching ``'
| /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: eval: line 334: syntax error: unexpected
end of
| file
| /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: Symbol `ptrdiff_t' is not covered
| by /usr/share/autoconf2.13/acconfig.h ./acconfig.h
| **Error**: autoheader failed.
|
| The AC_TRY_RUN may be a red herring - the warning doesn't
necessarily stop the
| build - but the problems with autoheader2.13 are fatal.
|
| All I'm getting from the Debian bug report system is that this is
a local
| problem with my config and that I'm wasting his time.

;)

Okay - I now have;

Lots of dependencies for Gnome development.

A stray symbolic link for slib in /usr/share/guile because it didn't
look where Debian put slib. Can you report this if it hasn't been Neil.

A 1.2MB script file of my repeated attempts to build GNU Cash.

- -- I've never seen gcc statements bigger than one full screen of
text before -- the dependencies are getting scary.

Various autoconf/automake logs of what appears to be a successful
build under Debian testing.

Absolutely no clue how to run gnucash :(

export PATH=$PATH:/home/srw/test/gnucash/src/bin
gnucash
        Just eats CPU like it is going out of fashion.

| Anyone got any clues about what might be wrong with my config?

If you are running unstable - your call I fear :(

What version of autoheaders2.13 ? Testing is Version: 2.13-43

| Anyone else get the same errors on Debian?

Not obviously - phone me for a shell account ;)