Re: [LUG] DATABASE FOR LINUX

Craig wrote:

Not 100% sure since I've just deleted it to save
space, but doesn't
OpenOffice (or Openoffice.org) import Access files
directly? Certainly
seems to be faultless with Word and Excel.

The closest I've found is mysql-gui (which requires
mysql) - it's not exactly the same thing but it's
fairly close. If you export the tables from access as
csv files I think you can import them directly.

Last time I tried accessing a database from openoffice
it was extremely flaky.