[LUG] How unstable is the Sid branch of Debian?

I have finally got around to installing Debian (testing) onto my x86 machine.  And I
have to admit, I do really like it.  The only problem I have had with it so-far has
been gkrellmd causing a complete X lockup.  Ssh is my friend, though.

Anyway, I've been having a bit of a hoohaa trying to install ximian connector (or
evolution 2) so that I can read my college emails from home.  God bless Cornwall
College for choosing to use Exchange!  There seem to be quite a number of libraries
that I will need in order to get either of these to work, and they appear to be
available only in the Sid/unstable branch.  I am unsure, however, about the
stability of Sid.  I am not a Gentoo kind of person that _needs_ the bleeding edge
of software, but I am also not the kind of person that is happy sacrificing
usability for the sake of stability.  I heard that Sid/unstable was basically the
CVS branch of all the Debian packages... in which case, what is the likelihood of
running a usable desktop system with Sid?

Or does anyone know of any other programmes that I can use (front-end like
Evolution, or backend like Connector) to connect to an Exchange server?

Cheers all.

Grant.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.