[LUG] Help:Script to backup /home to DVD

Thanks Peter, Tony and Grant for your comments.
I'll take on board your suggestions re. error
checking and compression. After some quick reading
I think the mount point issue is a misinterpretation
on my part.

As I've said all this is new to me and at the moment
Google and "Linux in a Nutshell" are my best friends
(although the latter can be a bit cryptic). Hopefully
I can cobble something together in the very near
future and post it for your appraisal.

Some background:
We have three large projects containing artwork and
text which have steadily grown in size. It's become a
real chore to do a daily backup with CD-RWs. Shoveling
in CDs is not our idea of time well spent. (While I'm
away from home my wife has to do the backup. Nuff said!!)

Thus we decided to backup to DVD-RW and, as there
is lttle else besides the projects in my /home
directory, it would save some time if we backed up
the whole directory. Unfortunately we could'nt find
anything that would do the job for us so we decided
that I would gather what info I could find on burning
DVD-RWs and write a script.

Keith
--
A Linux System
SuSE 9.0 on ECS KS5A/XP with 1.2GHz Athlon, 384MB RAM, 20GB Maxtor HD