Re: [LUG] GLUG - free and non-free

On Monday 11 October 2004 4:32 pm, Bailey Mark wrote:
IPR is FUD. It never existed, it never will. It's a construct of other
legal structures, not an entity in itself.

Perhaps you can explain how you're legally qualified to make these
statements, not just about the UK, but globally?

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#IntellectualProperty

It's a fad, it has no legal basis but is a construct of other legal entities
which have little in common.

You only confuse the issues when you use such invalid terminology.

Rofl...I'm sorry.  I asked you to clarify what you meant when you said
that "nobody owns software".

Grant made such a good job that I thought it would be superfluous and
concentrated on dealing with the more blatant issue of confusing terminology
that all GNU/Linux users should be avoiding.

Please read the other messages that followed up your enquiry, everything is
explained there. I don't like to repeat myself, it gets in the way of the
code.

--

Neil Williams