Re: [LUG] GNU/LINUX DOOM 3 BINARIES OUT!!!

Matt Lee wrote:
to be fair, I think it was crystal clear that Paul meant free-as-in-beer
rather than free-as-in-speech. And although I support the aims and ideals of
the FSF/GNU project, I also believe in the English language; "free" can mean
either thing, and that's the way *I* want it to stay.

Actually, ID Software have previously released things under the GPL.

When referring to software, free and gratis are very different things.

Shouldn't that be libre and gratis...

The other word that confuses people is "commercial" which is often mistakenly taken as a synonym for "proprietary". Even though there is plenty of non-commercial, even gratis, proprietary software around.