Re: [LUG] GNU/LINUX DOOM 3 BINARIES OUT!!!

I think you can download the linux binary for free, only you pay for the main game parts, like the old doom.wad file, I got the gane already. Now I have finally got the nvidia drivers working I may even be able to get it (doom3) working under Linux, and assuming a few of my other games work under linux, it;s nearly bye bye windows time, yes, finally.
And not before time I guess.

Paul,

It's useful to not confuse free software, with free of charge. When we talk of free software, we talk of software with freedom.

Have a look at this:- http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

It's also worth noting some terms that are useful to avoid:-

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html

Anyway I have printed some more flyers off, and chnaged a few to GNU/LINUX User group. Which as Matt said is better description,

I don't think I'm the only one... GNU/Linux *is* the operating system. Linux isn't an operating system, only a kernel. We need to, as a group, promote free software and not confuse the issue. Take a few minutes to understand GNU/Linux, what GNU is and what Linux is, and take the time to inform other people.

It's a downhill battle :)

matt