[LUG] Boot problem

Hi,
I'm having trouble settig up XP's bootloader to start SUSE 9.1.
I can't use Linux to boot windows because 98 and XP are on a SATA RAID0
that Linux can't see.
At the moment I have GRUB on a floppy and can easily boot SUSE from that.
SUSE is on an IDE drive.
I would realy like to have SUSE on the windows boot loader.I have googled and come up with the following.

Copy the boot sector of /dev/hda2 partition into a file:

dd if=/dev/hda2 of=bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1

Copy the file bootsect.lnx to the windows partition
edit boot.ini.
Add the line C:\bootsect.lnx="SuSE Linux" to the file
The configuration is finished. XP will now offer booting to Linux or Windows whenever you reboot.

I changed the bootloader location to /dev/hda7 and made it active the followed the instructions substituting /hda7 for /hda2 in the example but all I get when I choose Suse form the menu is a black screen with GRUB displayed in the top left corner.

I know it's not critical to fix this as I can still use my floppy to boot but any help would be appreciated.

mike Tidball

Lynx friendly