Re: [LUG] Sane - Anyone got any hints?

Grant Sewell wrote:
Have you tried removing SANE from FC and then installing a plain-vanilla SANE from SANE's website?

This is almost as esoteric as solving windows problems...

I did try that - compiling and installing from source, but it didn't work. xsane as user reporting no scanner, xsane as root segfaulted.

So I reinstalled the Fedora RPM's over the existing Sane (backend, frontend, xsane and xsane-gimp) so that the RPM source was up to date.

And then - it worked. I have absolutely no idea why it's now working, other than a small chance the fedora binaries were incomplete and something was missing that the from_scratch install worked - but I'm not going to touch that bit of the system to find out because it's working and I want to keep it working!

But thanks all for your help. Now I've just got to figure out how to drive The Gimp. I wish PSP was available for linux... :)

--
Simon Avery