Re: [LUG] Blueyonder Broadband

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 20:07, TrevorASansom@xxxxxxx wrote:
I've just been connected to Blueyonder broadband.
The cable modem is a Motorola Surfboard model S851001.
It will connect through USB or Ethernet.
Works fine with Win XP.
Any assistance in setting up with Mandrake 10.0 would be most welcome

Odds are it hands out IP addresses to XP by dhcp.
To get it working with Madrake, simply set you ethernet connection to use
dhcp, plug it into the cable modem and it should work.
I'm don't know how you setup ethernet with Mandrake, but as it was based on
RedHat I'm guessing that you could just run 'netconfig'.

Jon