Re: [LUG] Mandrake 10.1 CE-Available For Public Download

----- Original Message -----
From: "Grant Sewell" <dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 11:22 PM
Subject: Re: [LUG] Mandrake 10.1 CE-Available For Public Download

I've been having a play around with it these past couple of days.  It
definitely feels more "complete" than 10.0 ever did.  There are some nice
touches too, like being able to select remote X sessions to log into from
the (MDK)KDM login screen, having easy-to-use (as if it's hard anyway)
controls for starting VNC sessions and connecting to VNC sessions, and also
connecting to Terminal Services/Remote Desktop sessions too.  All good
stuff.

Anyone tried it with a laptop yet?  I'm curious whether the issue of
trackpads not working with 2.6.* kernels has been sorted out yet.  My lappy
has 9.1 running on it and I'm not putting 10.* on it until someone fixes
what IMHO should not have been broken to start with.  I don't understand WHY
the input device folder was changed.  Why "fix" what was working perfectly
well beforehand?

I *would* try 10.1 on my lappy but I don't know the Linux version of Ghost
(for anyone not familiar with Ghost it does a partition image which can be
saved to CD or HD and then reinflated in times of crisis/cockup :)) and I'm
not about to break a perfectly working laptop on the offchance 10.1 might
work. :)

Kind regards,

Julian