Re: [LUG] Modem Drivers-Meet

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 23:34, Julian Hall wrote:

So as an ISP tech, we do support more than may be thought.  It's not
simply a question of telling a customer who can't get their email "Well
the server is up so the problem is your end."  Although humanity being
what it is you *could* get an unhelpful response like that (but if it's
one of my team he or she will get a thick ear pronto!) or the ISP may
have differing guidelines, but in the main we try to help out as much as
we can.

Good on you.I should've added that I was using my ISP OneTel as an
example,simply because I knew they supplied Speedtouch modems.
The service I get from them is exemplary,and I have no cause for complaint.I
was imagining a hypothetical scenario.

OneTel Tech Support has always been very obliging (in my experience).It's a
pleasure to talk to them-especially the Celts:)

Sadie