Re: [LUG] My Own Observations Of Course

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 2:20, Sadie Brinham wrote:

If only my XP box would send out "Me first" packets-malformed or
otherwise.Life is just too short to wait twenty minutes for it to renew the
network address via DHCP.

all my xp stuff connects instantly, if yours doesn't then someone or something
has altered something....

while were on the subject, I have deep suspicions that xp makes sublte
alterations to network decive eeproms (MS pretty much admit that bit) that
then makes said devices somewhat less than optimal under linux.

Linux at least connects to the LAN instantaneously.Mmmm..don't have any
games,though.

frozen bubble....

How about turning my flat into a Linux Cyber Cafe instead?Or a Linux
drop-in centre?

now you're just copying me... lol

cheers