[LUG] Laptop advice - HP NX5000 with suse 9.1 pre-installed ... or go Mac?

Time for a couple of laptops for 'im and 'er, we've got fed up with the big desk in the living room and the whining howling monster of 2002 vintage (actually its 1994 vintage but that just the case and the floppy drive ... everything else has been progressively upgraded 'til the AMD 1400 board went in 2.5 years back and apart from a bit of ram, that seems enough processing speed with a bigger disk a while back to do us).

But its noisy and bulky and dominates the room.

And we fight over it!

So time for laptops as they seem to have reached the "more than enough for our needs" stage now too.

I'm trying to avoid windows, mostly for ideological reasons, but also practical (security virii etc while the good times last with small unixes).

The HP NX5000 comes with suse 9.1 installed. Suse is my distie of choice for many years, though haven't felt the need to upgrade from 9.0. I tend to alternate upgrade for versions, IYSWIM.

The Mac laptops are supposed to be very nice, and have a sort of unix on the BSD licence I believe.

Anyone used the NX5000s? What are they like?

Or should we be a bit less purist and go Mac?

As we are after two the price issue may become somewhat more critical...

And does anyone do them in his and her colour choices....??? >;)

Look forward to any comments from anyone.