Re: [LUG] today's meets and some observations etc.

Neil Williams wrote:

Salesmen have the unerring talent for promising the impossible yesterday. The refreshing thing with GNU/Linux is that the developers don't promise you the earth, but they do deliver superb software that actually does what it should.

I love salesmen. One came to my old employer trying to sell us a stock control program. When I was using it in his demo it misbehaved. He said "Oh that's a feature". I commented "Isn't a feature what programmers call a bug they couldn't get rid of?" Knowing full well it IS! ;) My boss who was sat next to me looked up.

I think I'm off the salesman's Christmas card list ;)

Cheers,

Julian