Re: [LUG] Thunderbird

Matt Lee wrote:
I'm thinking of moving away from Apple Mail and using Thunderbird for my email, as I can run it on GNU/Linux and on my Macintosh, so it'll be consistent.

I like it too.

0. How can I make it so that all email I send is in plain text by default? I don't like HTML email.

Tools -> Account Settings.

Select the account you want to change, then select "Composition and Addressing" and simply untick the default "Compose messages in HTML"

Bad default, imo.

1. Incoming mail should be converted to text, or at least only show me the text version -- I don't want to have to see other people's fonts choices.

Right-Click each inbox (or filtered folder), select "Properties". Check codepage is ok. Tick "Apply default to all messages..."

That should work.

--
Simon Avery