Re: [LUG] Linux Training

Thanks for your help.
We have installed Linux (Debian, Mandrake) and can get most things working after some trial and error (PostgreSQL etc).
Don't you think we need more comprehensive training. We will be distributing over 200 Linux servers running our software. How could we solve obscure problems? Don't you think some training would be a help? Is there anyone local?
Thanks
Patrick

At 19:04 20/09/2004, you wrote:

On Monday 20 September 2004 7:08, Patrick Kimber wrote:
> Hi
> I am really pleased to find the local user group.
> I work for a software company in Crediton (www.cognitosoftware.co.uk).
> We supply case management software to solicitors in the UK.
> Currently all our clients have a Windows server for the database system.
> We want to convert the software we sell to use PostgreSQL running on Linux
> - but none of us know how to install and set-up a secure
> Linux/PostgreSQL/email/Apache server.
> Can you recommend a suitable training organisation (or is there someone
> local who can train us)?
> We are all programmers and can carry out basic administration tasks on
> networks and databases.
> Thanks for your help
> Patrick

a hd install of knoppix/debian, then apt-get install webmin, then of course a physical layer of security (hardware firewall) and jobs a good un.

any coder will be able to master things like apache httpd.conf in 30
minutes...