Re: [LUG] Linux Training

On Monday 20 September 2004 7:27, Patrick Kimber wrote:
Thanks for your help.
We have installed Linux (Debian, Mandrake) and can get most things working
after some trial and error (PostgreSQL etc).
Don't you think we need more comprehensive training.  We will be
distributing over 200 Linux servers running our software.  How could we
solve obscure problems?  Don't you think some training would be a help?  Is
there anyone local?

you could consider sidestepping the problem and giving your clients red hat
enterprise servers with red hat support, any issues and they ring red hat,
not you, and the red hat guys are very very good.

might not be the ideal solution from the viewpoint of linux zealots who want
everyone to hack their own kernel, but from a business viewpoint it is hard
to beat and best of all you could start selling next monday.

hth etc