Re: [LUG] Debian masterclass in Devon??

On Sunday 19 September 2004 12:00, Robin Cornelius wrote:

Hi All,

I would like to come along and debianise my laptop, i have always ment to
have a go with debian but never got around to it. This also solves the
switch problem as i can bring Neils switch back, and i can bring up some of
my (work's) 100Mbps 8 port switches as well. Saturdays are good for me as
my other half works every saturday and for a full day i can justify driving
to exeter

knoppix / mepis when installed to hard disk is basically debian testing, it is
by far the quickest and easiest way to install debian, and the hardware
autodetection in both of these blows everything else away.

these 2 paths are so good and easy and fast (40 minutes on a old p2/300 sony
vaio) that I completely fail to understand anyone using any other method, esp
the default debian way.