Re: [LUG] Re: Helston Meeting Report

Peter Butterfield wrote:

Agreed. I have difficulty, with a family and my health, to just be able to turn up.

You too, eh? I've had sodding fibromyalgia/ME (almost certainly the result of exposue to organo-phosphate pesticides when a farm 'and as a lad) for much of the last decade following a re-exposure. All a bit of a balancing act, tho' I can usually rely upon about 4-6 hours functional a day if I time it right, usually in a couple of bites if I build in rests and appropriate medication doses in the right times. Haning about on beaches on hols following a lazy start in a holiday cottage 'til late moriing is a pretty good system all told, and if we can get the price right we might just be able to afford that for many years.

If I can get away from the pollution to a cleaner environment with better options for healthy exercise at a pace I can manage my time could be much extended, or more importantly, the quality of that time for my stay with the kids much improved. The air pollution was so bad here a couple of days back with that easterly hot wind and sun I almost lost my voice due to the inflammation from NOx gases :( A bit of a chemical "canary" I is. What was the air like down west those days?

Anyway, I've become quite an expert at "energy maintenance and pacing" despite being formally classified as 75-80% disabled, especially given such a young family to look after at such a relatively late age (50 soon).