Re: [LUG] BTinternet Connection

On 2004.09.09 10:43 David Johnson wrote:
On Thursday 09 September 2004 10:22, aaron Moore wrote:
> Hi
> Can anyone offer advice on connecting to the internet with BT
> Broadband.  They have given me a BT Voyager 105 USB ADSL modem and I
> am running Suse 9.1

IMHO you are better off geting a broadband router anyway. You will benefit from NAT protection, plus the network "just works". Whether you get a wireless variety or not is up to you, but I have a Netgear 4 port switch/router with built in ADSL modem which is great.

AFAIK there are no Linux drivers for the latest BT Voyager modems anyway. I looked recently, but they have revised the firmware since the last incarnation of Linux drivers, so if you have an old version of the modem, fine, otherwise, forget it and go for a switch/router.

alan