Re: [LUG] Business switched

On Thursday 26 August 2004 20:12, Simon Waters wrote:

Don't try Debian just yet then ;) I have hardware RAID which I heartily
recommend still for servers - especially if there are clear needs to do
blocking writes (email and databases).

Is that SCSI or IDE RAID you're talking about?

I've always found IDE RAID to be somewhat unstable under Linux and recently
had a server die because of it. I'd be interested in any IDE RAID success
stories or tips that anyone can share because at the moment I just can't
trust it.

Cheers,
David.

--