Re: [LUG] Install....

On Thursday 26 August 2004 23:26, jondavey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Posted by "Jon Davey" <jondavey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

....the VIA Mini has been put on the backburner for the time being and
thanks for the offer of various distributions.....without knowing it I`ve
got myself a distribution that will DEFONATLY work. It came with the
softwear that shipped with an ABIT motherboard I`ve just bought(it`s an
ABIT 7K) and the distribution of Linux derrived from Red Hat apparently.
Quite an unexpected supprise....I`ll let you know what it`s like if anyones
interested and if the subject has`nt already been covered on the list....

Would that be "Gentus" by any chance? Tried it years ago and it seemed to be a
pretty good waste of a CD.

I think what you really need is a copy of a modern distro (either Mandrake or
SuSE, I reckon).

If you're able to get along to the meeting on Saturday you can certainly pick
up some copies and I've got some boxed distros which I'm putting in the
raffle.

Or even better, bring the machine along on Saturday and myself and no doubt
others will be happy to help you get it installed. Judging by your previous
messages to the list, I think you're mainly suffering from having an old
distro and finding some outdated information on the internet.

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson