Re: [LUG] Install attempt.

Hi everyone. I thought it was about time I actually started using GNU/Linux properly. So....I tried to install Mandrake 9.0 but it`s not having it. The mainboard is a VIA ITX that has sound, video, eithernet and processor all built into the board. Is it possible that this is the reason for the non-install?.

If you have broadband, try Debian netinstall.

<http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/i386/rc1/ sarge-i386-businesscard.iso> - burn that 40mb ISO to a CD and boot from it. You might want to type linux26 at the prompt and use the 2.6 kernel to handle your on-board devices better. It's all fairly simple from then on - make sure you use the testing branch, and install a nice graphical desktop like GNOME.

The hardish part with Debian is the installation. Feel free to contact me off list and I can help you install GNU/Linux.

matt