Re: [LUG] Install attempt.

On Monday 23 August 2004 11:34, Jondavey wrote:
Hi everyone. I thought it was about time I actually started using Linux
properly. So....I tried to install Mandrake 9.0 but it`s not having it.

1. Please don't post in HTML. You can post to the list from the members area
of the website if this is a problem.
2. LOTS more information needed.

Where did installation stop?
What errors were displayed?
(Mandrake is particularly good at these things normally)

Try Knoppix, try Mandrake 10, try any Fedora 2 as well. The options are
endless and you've only just begun.

The
mainboard is a VIA ITX that has sound, video, eithernet and processor all
built into the board. Is it possible that this is the reason for the
non-install?.

Not likely. On-board sound isn't configured until much later, on board
ethernet is usually picked up without problems and the processor, that just
declares itself.

 ...supose I could go back to
lurking.....Jon...

No, persist and give lots more information. Your best option, if you haven't
got a second computer alongside, is simply to write down everything that is
displayed and go through the errors.

--

Neil Williams