Re: [LUG] part of the ecology

On 11 Aug 2004, at 09:10, Paul Sutton wrote:

On that basis what about openoffice.org which is sponsored by sun microsystems who also produce propreitary software.

It's sponsored by Sun. It's not like I'm going to Sun's website, or have to be involved with Sun at all, to get the software.

I don't use OpenOffice.org though -- I don't personally see the need for an office suite.

If a company has sponsored projects that are free software, that is very different from a company that has one or two free software packages in with a lot of proprietary stuff.

I don't know why anyone would want to run anything non-free on a free operating system like GNU.

matt