Re: [LUG] Linux network monitoring tools

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 11:10, Kelly Jones wrote:
I look after the I.T needs of several small businesses in the area and i
need to monitor their routers, web servers etc and alert me via email or
text message if they go down.  Is there a suitable free solution for
Linux?

I have looked at Big Brother and some others but these appear to be a
bit much for my needs, are there any other light weight alternatives?

Take a look at nagios (www.nagios.org).
The config looks a bit daunting at first, but it's not as bad as it looks.

HTH
Jon