[LUG] Ethereal woes...

I've taken to Ethereal quite nicely recently, however I've been having a few
problems installing a newer version.

I'm currently running 0.10.3 under Knoppix on the Laptop, and 0.9.9 under Mandrake
9.1, however I am trying to install 0.10.5 on the Mandrake machine.  And here's
where the problems begin!  I have all the correct libs and other dependencies
installed, and the installation procedure certainly appears to follow the usual
./configure; make; su -c "make install" routine, however it doesn't.  Install that
is.  In fact, it doesn't even appear to make properly!  After the make there should
be an executable file "ethereal" in the source root directory, however there isn't.
It is all very strange since I don't appear to get any bad make errors (only the
usual ones to say that there's nothing more to do in XXX directory).

Any thoughts?

Cheers all.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.