Re: [LUG] supermount

Despite my best efforts to tell both mtab and fstab to use /media/camera, when
i switch the camera on suse 9,1 still insists on putting it in this directory
under media,  so there must be another program at work somewhere,  i don't
know how to find out whats going on,

usb-storage-Y172\^\^\^\^\^000919X0000002003117\:0\:0\:0p1/

All I want is to do as I said before, however it seems suse have not made this
a non possible task.

I have no problems with mtab and fstab,  and editing,  also running mount -a
re reads one of these files, (i think),  as it tells it to mount all,  there
must be something wrong somewhere else.

mtab

/dev/hda7 / reiserfs rw 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
/dev/hda1 /windows/C vfat
rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,gid=100,umask=0002,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=437 0
0
/dev/hda5 /windows/D vfat
rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,gid=100,umask=0002,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=437 0
0
/dev/hdd /media/cdrecorder subfs ro,nosuid,nodev,fs=cdfss,procuid 0 0
/dev/hdc /media/cdrom subfs ro,nosuid,nodev,fs=cdfss,procuid 0 0
/dev/hdc /media/dvd subfs ro,nosuid,nodev,fs=cdfss,procuid 0 0
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy subfs rw,nosuid,nodev,sync,fs=floppyfss,procuid 0 0
/dev/sda1 /media/camera  vfat rw,noauto,user 0 0

fstab

/dev/hda7            /                    reiserfs   defaults              1 1
/dev/hda1            /windows/C           vfat
users,gid=users,umask=0002,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=437 0 0
/dev/hda5            /windows/D           vfat
users,gid=users,umask=0002,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=437 0 0
/dev/hda6            swap                 swap       pri=42                0 0
devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0
proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
usbdevfs             /proc/bus/usb        usbdevfs   noauto                0 0
/dev/cdrecorder      /media/cdrecorder    subfs
fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec 0 0
/dev/cdrom           /media/cdrom         subfs
fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec 0 0
/dev/dvd             /media/dvd           subfs
fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec 0 0
/dev/fd0             /media/floppy        subfs
fs=floppyfss,procuid,nodev,nosuid,sync 0 0

according to this, the only possible culprit would be usbdevfs, which if I
interpret the entry correctly is noauto anyway so should not automaticaly
mount it,

Also i have two cd devices /dev/cdrom /dev/dvd, for the same device,  however
everything works so unless this is what is causing the problem, which i don't
think it is,  then i am not going to break it.

someone on the nylug irc channel suggested it could be hotplug, so thats my
next port of call i guess,

Paul