[LUG] Hardware: SMP Board, One Processor...

Hi all,

I recently acquired an SMP PII (Slot 1) board that will take either 66MHz or 100MHz
FSB PIIs.  Luckily enough for me, I happen to have a spare PII processor, a 233MHz
job, however I have only the one.  I managed to track down the motherboard manual
(God bless motherboards.org... even if the board isn't listed in mobot, it is still
there in the manuals section) and it says that I will need a "Terminator Card" in
order to use this SMP board as a uni board.  Alas, I do not have one of those.  Now,
I am guessing that at least one of you will have more experience with SMP boards
than I do (this is my first :D), so I was wondering: Do I _really_ need a terminator
card to use this as a uni board?  If so, anyone know of where I could get a Slot1
PII term card?

Also, if I do need a term card and I can't get one (for sensible money), then how
important is it to have perfectly matched processors?  Would it actually work (even
if a little unsatisfactorily) with two unmatched processors?  Only reason I ask is
that I potentially have another PII coming free, however it is a 350, and hence
100MHz FSB.

Cheers all.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.