Re: [LUG] Creating SVCD's

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:03:53 +0100
Robin Cornelius <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have googled around and tried lots of utilities and command line options but
have got nowhere. transcode looked very promising but it seems to stop
processing the file after a few minutes with no error messages. ffmpeg will
transcode the file into other formats very well but when transcodeing down to
the svcd spec it prodces a file that will play in mplayer etc fine but
vcdimager rejects it with "input mpeg stream has been deemed invalid --
aborting"

Robin

I have a script that uses either MPlayer or Transcode to generate SVCD images
(.mpgs) from virtually anything, especially if you have all the available MPlayer
codecs installed and working.  IIRC it came on a Linux-Format cover DVD.  Can email
a .tar.gz for you if you like, alternatively google for "mkxvcd.sh".

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.